torsdag 22. oktober 2009

The Day It All Changed

torsdag 22. oktober 2009

Rarely, in my career have I been "blown away" by a demonstration. Tonight, "blown away" doesn't even begin to describe it. I should have seen it coming, but, I didn't. I was completely blindsided. I was blindsided by the vision of Brewster Kahle, the raw brilliance of his team, and the entire group of individuals and companies who played a role in Brewster's "convocation".

What I saw, was many of the dreams and visions of e-book aficionados everywhere becoming a demonstrable reality tonight. I say 'demonstrable', because by Brewster’s own admission, it's not ready for prime time, but the demonstration was enough to make my head spin with the possibilities. But you don't really want to know that, so let me do my best to just report what I saw.

Let's start from the beginning…

Tonight, Brewster Kahle, Internet Archive Founder and Chief Librarian, introduced what he calls his “BookServer” project.

Follow The Reader

0 kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar

 
◄ Free Blogger Templates by The Blog Templates | Design by Pocket